Friday 2 January 2009

Welcome to the Magical Musical Time Machine!

First of all my apologies to those friends who may have been expecting this blog to be in Greek, but together with my idea for separate music themed blog, I had to heed the call of my other mother tongue...

So here we are!

I intend this to be a blog about music and anything to do with it, reminiscences from my musical past, music news to do with Corfu, my musical friends, myself (if there is ever anything new on that musical front...haha!) and anything else interesting!

Music has always been a big thing in my life. I may have never become as much of a musical geek as say, the character in Nick Hornby's "High Fidelity" but I could have come close...

I suppose it must have all started when I was a kid, in the early seventies. Not a bad time to get into music, although I missed the sixties (was a baby...) was too young to appreciate the seventies and just a few years too young to get into the punk scene (and living in the wrong country...) So what does leave us with? The Eighties! yup, the decade that according to most of my older rocker friends was an absolute disaster music-wise...

But we will come to that in some other post. I can't really be sure what the first music I heard, was, but I suspect it was something along the lines of the Beatles and such. The first music I DO remember is from the Carpenters, Carole King and the soundtrack to the Sound of Music! In fact this last was played so often on our old wooden turntable ,that i can still remember the words and happily sing along to the film, prompting some people to wonder whether I am gay...

My favorite one was obviously this one...



That's all for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

τώρα ίσως το βρείτε πιο εύκολο να σχολιάσετε...