Saturday 3 January 2009

Discover...Corfu's Memory lane!

One of the great things about music, is it can be as much a voyage of discovery as RE-discovery... As I listen to a compilation I recently made for a road trip, I rediscover how much I like the Smashing Pumpkins (on their cover of Thin Lizzy's "Dancing in the moonlight"), even though I wasn't really into them at the time. I re discover how Thin Lizzy can really get me going, listening to "Still in love with you". And savour Gary Moore's excellent fretwork on "Cold day in Hell"...

The full compilation runs something like this:
Walk on the wild Side Lou Reed
Dancing In The Moonlight The Smashing Pumpkins
Still In Love With You (Live) Thin Lizzy
Cold Day In Hell Gary Moore
Bird of paradise Snowy White
Don't fear the reaper the mutton birds
Rock Sugar Rob Grill
Cellophane City Steve Forbert
Walking On Sunshine Katrina & The Waves
Lust For Life(feat.Pretenders) Tom Jones
Everyday Is Like Sunday The Pretenders
Bigmouth Strikes Again The Smiths
All Along The Watchtower The Hamsters
Stone Free The Hamsters
Aquarius, Let The Sunshine In Fifth Dimension
California Dreamin' The Mamas & the Papas

ok a lot of you have by now realised I may be a bit of an old fart... from the kind of stuff I listen to... but hey, there are older farts than me around!

A lot of the songs in the list above, remind me of specific places or times in my life. I'd like to list a few for old times sake, hoping that some of you, especially friends of course, will be reminded of something too. And if you feel you would like to add something do not hesitate to comment!
Walk on the wild side: Petra Club in kontokali (the first one!) 1985
Rock Sugar; coca flash corfu somewhere round the end of the 80s!
Cellophane city: coca flash (The song that signaled closing time! Thank you Andreas for some of the best musical moments, and teaching us all about good music with your djing...)
Walking on Sunshine: Coca Club Pelekas 1987-88 or so!
Bigmouth Strikes Again: Ceasar's palace pelekas 1987-88? (bit hazy there I'm afraid...)Might have been the drugs...

Well it's kinda like closing time here too, now... but could I find Cellophane city on youtube? No....

So here are the Smashing Pumpkins and "Dancing in the Moonlight". They really do the song justice in a lovely, slow, laid back sort of way.



Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

τώρα ίσως το βρείτε πιο εύκολο να σχολιάσετε...