Tuesday 27 January 2009

Poetic justice...

I suppose I was asking for trouble, when I mentioned, in my last post, something about the copious amounts of music I have downloaded. The hard disk crashed and I lost all of it.. Or almost all of it anyway! So it's back to the beginning. All I have left is an Aerosmith discography and disc 2 of Woodstock for some reason. Of course I still have my trusty CDs...

So I have been sort of reminiscing about the first music I heard. My first "akousmata" as they say here in Greece were "The Sound of Music" soundtrack, The Carpenters, Carole King, Tom jones and the Ray Conniff Orchestra!



Really once i mentioned him, i couldn't resist sticking that there...

So this was all when I was about 6-7 yrs old. Then one day my cousin brought home a tape, which should have been an epiphany, and was in a way, but still watered down a bit... you see one side was Pink Floyd. The other one was a disco mix including the likes of Lipps Inc "Funky Town" and other such stuff. I liked Pink floyd, and I liked the disco stuff and I listened to it over and over again...

Then when i was about 13 yrs old, I was being given lessons in German by the neighbours son, Tony. Except for German, he treated my youthful ears to the sounds of:

Grand Funk railroad
Black Sabbath
Beck, Bogart and Appice
Jimi Hendrix
Queen
Janis Joplin
The Doors
Motorhead
Deep Purple
and many, many others

among them one of my favorites at the time!!!



This is music that still makes my hair stand on end. It makes me waannna screeeeaaaaaam!!! Yeah....



That's all for tonight folks... it's a cold, wet night and there is a warm body waiting for me somewhere near...

goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

τώρα ίσως το βρείτε πιο εύκολο να σχολιάσετε...