Saturday 9 January 2010

(To be sung strictly with cute french accent...) I'll Kill her...

A while ago someone gave us a USBsticksworth of songs and they have been playing for a month or so in the car. There is a lot of unknown stuff in there and a few without tags, so we don't even know who the artists are. As usual ,there are some gems in there... one of them is a song sung by a French, girl, with one of those killer-cute french accents... Both me and Alex, my partner, love the song, and as the lyrics are of the story-telling variety, a little story was created in our heads to go with the voice and the words... Unfortunately, my curiosity to find out who she is etc. has resulted in ruining the "romantic" mystery for Alex, for it is now known that the singer is a girl known as Soko and the song is called I'll kill her...
I will let you find out more about her on your own, if you wish. Meanwhile here is the song:



So simple, funny, sad in a way, it made me think about girls who can be cute, beautiful, dangerous, sexy and a disaster... think Betty Blue maybe...

The same magic stick of music contains this little gem too:



This song reminded me of a band I first heard about 4 or 5 years ago, when I was in a band, and our bass player proposed we do one of their songs, a cover of the Carpenters "Top of the World" They are Shonen knife and here they are:



And in a tribute to one of their obvious influences...



Well, that's it for your musical education and entertainment tonight folks...
luv
Papapete

No comments:

Post a Comment

τώρα ίσως το βρείτε πιο εύκολο να σχολιάσετε...